This Lexington County recycling event is tentatively scheduled. Drop-Off events take place rain or shine. Please check the following website prior to the event to make sure there are no changes. Click here
If you have questions, please contact the Recycling Coordinator, Traude Sander (see contact information).
Materials generated by businesses will not be accepted
The items that will be collected at this event are as follows:
- Electronics (up to 8 electronics (small items and computer components are bundled to count as “one”)
- Paper – shredded on site (up to 5 boxes/bags of paper)
- Household goods (no limits)
- Tires (up to 8 per household)
This event is co-sponsored by the County of Lexington, Keep the Midlands Beautiful and high school students from Batesburg-Leesville.
Lexington County and Richland County residents are invited to this recycling drop-off event. Items from businesses will not be accepted at this event. They must be brought to their county landfill.
The following items will be collected:
- Tires (up to 8 tires per vehicle)
- Scrap Metal
- Household Goods
- Paper (up to 5 boxes or bags can be shredded onsite)
- Electronics (up to 8 items per vehicle, but small items and computer components that are bundled count as “one”.)
- Household Hazardous Waste (up to 8 gallons of liquid paint per vehicle is allowed). No explosives, ammunition, medical waste, pharmaceutical, sharps/needles, or radioactive waste (includes smoke detectors) are allowed.
Residents are asked to stay in their vehicles for safety and efficiency while staff unload materials. Masks are strongly encouraged.
This event is co-sponsored by the County of Lexington, County of Richland, and Keep the Midlands Beautiful.
Note: This event is subject to cancellation due to COVID-19.