DATE & TIME: Friday May 24, 2019 (8:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
LOGISTICS: Workshop begins with a class at Lexington County EMS Training Facility. After a short break, rain barrel construction will commence in garages of Lexington County Public Works. Assistance is available to help you complete your rain barrel if needed.
* Rain Barrel Construction
* Stormwater Runoff and Water Pollution
* Rainwater Harvesting with Barrels and Cisterns
PROGRAM FEE: $25.00 (includes all materials, refreshments & drinking water)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday May 20, 2019
To register for this workshop, click on the flyer/registration form below and contact Brittany Sandifer at Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District (803) 358-8679 or [email protected]
This Drop-off recycling event at Lexington High School is a convenient way for County residents to:
- recycle old electronics: Limit of 8 items accepted (small components, computer & monitor count as one item).
- shred paper: Up to 5 boxes/bags will be accepted
- donate items to Goodwill
- properly dispose of pesticides and household hazardous waste: HHW guide to items accepted
For details about this event click on this link August Lexington Event Flyer
For details on proper paint disposal click on this link Paint Disposal Instructions